Welcome to KennethMD!
We are honored to have you. In one short phrase, this blog is about inspiring greatness in people and empowering them to achieve it. The strategy we use to do that is the 4 habits of freedom. It’s about inspiring and empowering you to reclaim your life, find healing, encouragement, and the freedom to go out and live life to the fullest.
Who reads KennethMD?
Meet Danielle, my typical reader. She is a go-getter and a high achiever. She is devoted to succeeding at life and so passionately pursues her purpose and calling in life. She doesn’t want to have any regrets at the end of life and so wants to make a lasting impact on the world and leave an enduring legacy.
She is conscious about her health and wants to live a healthy, slim, and fit lifestyle. She even wants to shed a few pounds. She realizes that to make a huge impact on the world, she needs to continue to develop her leadership ability, gain financial freedom, and focus on the things that really matter most in life while removing all the non-essentials that distract and steal her time and joy.
“Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance.” Steven Pressfield
Danielle has two lives. She has her current life but knows she has great potential and a lot of unlived life within her. She wants to leave no life unlived. The habits of freedom help her remove the Resistance so that she can move to the next level of living.
Does that sound like you? If so, welcome to KennethMD. This blog is designed exactly for you.
Related article: Why I blog
My Passion: The 4 Habits of Freedom
Over the last 15 years, I’ve had the privilege to work with thousands of people one-on-one, coached many passionate leaders, and counseled many people (both poor and rich). I’ve been and continue to be a careful student of life, studying, researching, observing, and looking for the things that will help give people the freedom they desire to live their best lives. I’m excited that my research has found that the following 4 habits of freedom.
1) Slim fit living. This habit is about total health in the body, mind, spirit, and social relationships. I’m passionate about helping people lose weight and live a healthy, slim fit lifestyle. 66-70% of the patients that come through our doors are either overweight or obese. And our practice isn’t unique. I’m excited to help those who are willing to regain their freedom and take control of their lives.
2) Leadership. Leadership necessarily involves management but the two are different. With leadership, you envision and create the life you desire. With management you bring that envisioned preferable future into existence. Stephen Covey calls leadership the first creation and management the second creation. Management guru, Peter Drucker said it best, “Leadership is doing the right things; Management is doing things right.” Leadership always precedes management but without management, our leadership will be in vain. This habit is about personal, interpersonal, and organizational leadership and the management skills needed for each. Leadership empowers you to live the disciplined life that is necessary for success. Here, you’ll learn an inside-out approach to leadership that empowers you to lead from within. It starts with character transformation and paradigm shift and impacts all other aspects of life.
3) Innovative Wealth Creation. With this habit, you create wealth using innovative strategies that will help you on your journey towards financial freedom. Wealth creation includes wealth management, legacy planning, and strategic wealth transfer.
4) Minimalism. This habit empowers people to focus on the things that matter, remove the clutter so that they can enjoy the best things in life.
These 4 habits of freedom are so powerful because they empower the total person: Body, Mind, Spirit, and Social relationships.
Why am I so passionate about these four habits of freedom? I know they have the power to change every life, guaranteed!
You might ask, what has brought me to this point of being so passionate about helping people achieve freedom?
If you want to know where a person is going, it helps to know where they’re coming from.
My dad was born a complete orphan. His dad died during his pregnancy and his mother bled to death during childbirth. This was at a time when there were no baby formulas. My dad faced a lot of challenges from day one. In addition to that, he was abused as a child. Yet, he worked hard and became a grade school teacher. He helped a lot of underprivileged people. He was my hero and taught me to work hard, never give up, and to seek to help others. He died when I was 9 years old and my mother, my five siblings and myself plunged into abject poverty. We didn’t have access to medical care and I dropped out of grade school twice. By God’s grace, I won scholarships to go to high school and later with the help of my generous half-uncle, I came to the U.S.
In 2005, while beginning medical school, I started an orphanage that has served thousands of children in Cameroon Africa and continues to do so. From 2010 to 2015, I resigned from medicine and worked full-time, without pay, helping orphans, mentoring young people, teaching leadership courses, modeling minimalism, and helping others create wealth. In the process, I grew leaps and bounds.
It’s hard to summarize a life that has been so rich into a few sentences. The short of it is that in the trenches of life, my character has been forged. I have learned to love people and to serve.
I’m a resident family physician with research interests and expertise in the healthy Slim Fit Lifestyle. I was the first resident in my program to win an outstanding physician award for excellence in practice and ranked in the top 1% in the nation on national exams. I’ve started both nonprofit and for-profit corporations. I have also served thousands of orphans through my nonprofit and received awards for excellence in philanthropy. I’ve been fortunate to make a little bit of money from my for-profit ventures.
I’ve been a minimalist my whole life and have learned to live happily with very little. I’ve also been a student of leadership for over a decade, am passionate about learning and teaching leadership, and have had the privilege to mentor and train many leaders.
Previous mentors have said that I have gifts for wisdom and insight, entrepreneurship, leadership, and teaching. I have no comment on that. You be the judge for yourself.
There is a lot of information on this site. If you are new, I suggest you start with the following.
Slim Fit Living
- Dr. Kenneth’s Habits of Slim Fit Living
- How to Live a Long Healthy Life
- What is health? The four dimensions of health.
- What is leadership?
- The Effective Hiring Strategy
- The GROWTH Framework: 6 Steps to Coach Anyone, Solve Difficult Problems, and Create Strategy
- Wealth Creation: Principles for making money and creating wealth
- The Easiest Way to Gain Financial Freedom, Guaranteed!
- The Indispensable Qualities of an Effective Team Player
- What is minimalism?
- Life is not measured by how much we own
- The focus of minimalism is freedom, not decluttering or reducing material things
For more articles, check out my archives.
Using Affiliate Products
Some of my blog posts will contain links to affiliate products. These are products I’ve personally used, usually for many years, and will recommend them to my own family. At no extra cost to you, they will pay my company a small commission if you click an affiliate link on my blog and purchase something. This is a win-win-win situation where I get to recommend great products to my readers who benefit tremendously from these products when they buy. My company receives a small compensation to support this website and the business gains a new customer. And you pay the same exact price you would pay if you had found the product yourself!
Subscribe to KennethMD
Subscribe to my blog so that all my fresh content will be sent to your email. This way, you won’t miss any new content. Remember, I don’t spam or share your contact with anyone. Your privacy is important to me.