A good leader must do the following things to help people reach their full potential.
- Recruit the right people
- Match the right people with the right jobs
- Set clear expectations for the people
- Train and test the people for competence
- Motivate and encourage the people
- Continue to develop the people
- Empower the people.
Then he must delegate and not micromanage. He must give opportunities and authority to his people to succeed.
Without that, they will not achieve their full potential. And when people fail, the leader fails. But this ability doesn’t come to us naturally. It is a skill that we have to learn and continue to improve.
Question: What other things do you think a good leader must do?